How to configure Linksys SPA phones with sipX
The following instructions cover the configuration of Linksys's IP phones with sipXecs
Identify the phone's IP address
- Connect the phone to a network with DHCP and power the phone up using the provided power supply.
- Once the phone is up, press the "Configure" button (just below the Envelope button).
- Use the up/down scroll buttons to scroll down to option '8 Network' and press the 'Select' softkey.
NOTE: Make a note of option "2 Current IP" (the current IP address)
Perform a Factory Reset
- If the phone has been used with other systems you may want to factory reset the phone.
- With the phone powered up, press the "Configure" button (just below the Envelope button).
- Use the up/down scroll buttons to scroll down to option '14 Factory Reset' and press the 'Select' softkey.
- Press the "Ok" softkey to confirm.
Connect to the phone's Web User Interface
- Open a Web browser from your PC and enter the IP address of the phone in the Web browser's address field.
- Click Admin Login on the Linksys configuration Web page (there is no default password).
Set the phone to Auto Provision
- In the Web Interface click on Admin Login -> Advanced -> Provisioning Tab
- Change the Profile Rule to read: /spa$MA.cfg
- To have multiple appearances of the same line on a given phone, go to Devices/phones and select the phone to add the feature to.
- Under Phone Settings/Phone modify the Extension number. Each defaults to their onwn number. To have line 1 appear on buttons 1, 2, 3, change Extension numbers 2 and 3 to have the number 1 in them. This will put line one in the first three line positions, and calls will hunt from 1 - 2 - 3 when lines are in use.
Call Pickup from Park Orbit
*Phones can retrieve from park orbit by dialing *4EXT where EXT is the Park Orbit Extension the call was transferred to.
sipXconfig Template Problem
- Go into the Admin -> Advanced -> EXT1 setting on each phone and setting Voice Mail Server to be firstname.lastname@example.org.