How to configure Sipura SPA-841 phone with sipXecs
The following instructions cover the configuration of Sipura's SPA-841 IP phone with sipXecs
Identify the phone's IP address
- Connect the phone to a network with DHCP and power the phone up using the provided power supply.
- Once the phone is up, press the 'i' button at the lower right-hand corner of the phone top.
- Use the up/down scroll buttons to scroll down to option '9 Network' and press the 'Select' button (round button to the left of the scroll buttons, which is associated with 'select' at the bottom left of the LCD).
Make a note of option '2 Current IP' (the current IP address)
Connect to the phone's Web User Interface
- Open a Web browser from your PC and enter the IP address of the phone in the Web browser's address field.
- Click Admin Login on the Sipura configuration Web page (there is no default password).
Configure the phone to work with sipXecs
- Click Advanced to get more configuration options.
- Set up a line by clicking on 'Ext1' tab.
- Enter the following configuration settings:
Parameters for Proxy and Outbound Proxy assume that you are using DNS SRV. If not, replace the domain name with the fully qualified host name (FQHN) of the sipXecs server.
The limitation of the current version, 0.9.5, is that the URI parameter in the authorization header of the SIP REGISTER message is not the same as in the actual request URI. sipXecs only looks at the request URI and is not checking the URI parameter in the 'authorization' header. This prevents the Sipura SPA-841 from registering with sipXecs. This bug has been reported to Sipura and has been fixed in recent firmware for other Sipura devices - SPA-200 and SPA-3000, but not in version 0.9.5 for SPA-841, as of this writing. As soon as the newer release is available it should include this fix, enabling registration with sipXecs.
Create a user for the phone in sipXecs
Release 3.0* and higher of sipXecs automatically generate a SIP password when a new user is created. The SIP password has to be programmed into the phone and is required for the line to register. This password is different from the PIN entered on the "New User" page. In order to see or change the assigned SIP password, click on the "Show Advanced Settings" link.
If you would like the phone to have an entry under Devices in the sipXecs Configuration Server, you can create an unmanaged phone. The user line can then be assigned to that phone. Even though no profile is generated for this phone, the administrator can see what users and lines are assigned to which phones.