A personal auto-attendant can have many uses. Here are a couple examples:
- Instead of giving out your cell phone number in your voicemail message, you can instruct callers to press 2 to reach you on your cell phone.
- If you commonly get calls that should go to a different extension, you can instruct callers to press 3 to reach the right person.
Change your Personal Auto-Attendant Settings
- Click the My Information tab.
- Click Attendant. You will see the following screen (values have been filled in for ease of explanation):
NOTE: Setting your personal auto attendant options will not change your voicemail greeting to callers. You must re-record your voicemail greeting to inform callers of the new options you have enabled.
- Click the Add button.
- Select a Dialpad number for this phone number entry.
- Enter the extension or other phone number in the Extension column.
NOTE: If you wish to make one of the personal auto attendant destinations an outside number, you must put a 9 in front of the seven digit telephone number such as: 95551212
Example Voicemail Message
For example, if you set option 2 to call your cell phone and option 3 to point to another department, you could say something like: