Call forwarding and schedules can be setup and administered from the settings page by clicking the Call Forwarding link on the left side of the page:
Set-up the Call Forwarding
By default your extension will ring for 20 seconds before being diverted to voicemail. If you wish to change this settings, change the value under ‘Extension will ring first for (sec)’ in the Set-up tab.
To add a call forwarding entry, click the ‘+’ control and the following settings will be presented:
Ringing time (sec)
Select a schedule defined under Schedule tab or select Always
If no response
At the same time
Add internal extensions, external numbers or SIP addresses
Set the number of seconds to ring
|Change the order of the Call Forwarding rules|
- Each extension can individually be enabled or disabled. Only enabled extensions affect the call forwarding behavior. Disabled extensions are saved for future use.
- Calls are forwarded sequentially - if no response or in parallel - at the same time. If call is forwarded in parallel, all extensions ring and the call is transferred to the one that answers first.
- If the number where you have forwarded the call is an external number and has voicemail or an answering machine, you must set the "ring for" value to less than the amount of time it takes for the remote voicemail or answering machine to answer.
- In case none of the extensions on the list succeeds, the call is transferred to user's Voicemail. If the user does not have Voicemail permission, the caller hears a busy signal.
Call Forwarding Schedules
Schedules are used for time-based call forwarding, allowing you to create call forwarding rules that activate at specified times, based on time of day/day of week. For example, if you wish for calls to your extension to be directed elsewhere after hours, you can set a schedule to activate call forwarding rules from 5:00 PM to 7:55 AM.
- Click the ‘Add new schedule’ button;
- Start adding a schedule name, time periods to your schedule by clicking ‘+’ control and fill in the needed information;
- If you want to add another period simply click the ‘+’ control again and add another time period to the schedule;
- Once you finished configuring the schedule, just click the ‘Add and Save’ button.