sipXopenfire launches a specially configured version of the Openfire XMPP server. It initializes the postgres database, registers the Openfire server with sipXconfig among other integration-level details. The sipXopenfire project also build a plugin that performs the following functions:
- Monitors chat messages for specialized commands that will initiate SIP telephony events
- Synchronizes users from sipXconfig, or configures Openfire to use LDAP for it's users
- Unifies a users phone status with their IM status, so a users IM status can automatically show a user is on or off the phone
- XMLRPC API for reading and changing unified presence information
- XMLRPC API for chatroom operations
- vCard profiles for IM Clients registered to openfire.